To me, the technology continuum is mostly exciting… mostly. I love all of the new progress that makes our increasingly busy lives a little simpler. However, when malfunctioning technology decides to rear its ugly head my relationship with it gets a little bit rocky and that is when I have to call up my computer engineer brother-in-law… Personally, I think I’m pretty good at understanding computers and technology. I feel as though I have a good base of knowledge that many other concepts branch from so it is easier to understand new concepts. I must say that after our first class I was completely amazed by igoogle, I wish I had known about that earlier!
This was definitely my first time reading the CSUSM COE Mission Statement and let’s just say that I am so thrilled to have chosen to attend this university! I think the best part of this statement that really stood out to me was the list of what the COE is committed to: diversity, educational equity, social justice, reflective teaching, life-long learning, innovative research, and ongoing service. These are the things I truly believe teaching should be about but often aren’t. Sometimes educators are so focused on meeting standards and just making it through the year that often all of these important qualities are forgotten. If all of my classes growing up had integrated these things I am confident that my desire to learn and my realm of knowledge would have been much greater. I also like the section about student-centered education, teaching should not revolve around the school board, parents, or administration. I’m excited to start learning how to apply a lot of these factors to my teaching style!
That about sums it all up.
Hellos Miss Duff
ReplyDeletei liked your sense of humor with your last name. I guess we all are transfer students, and as you say let's learn all the factors of the CEO mission statement and apply them to our teaching style. Hope to see ya next class.
Wouldn't it be nice if we could all have engineer brother-in-laws? I understand your frustration with malfunctioning technology, and hopefully we won't encounter any such problems in the next 15 weeks or so! Thanks for the Mac support-- I've found some wonderful shortcuts that are quite magical! My favorite one right now is shift-command-control-4 to cut and paste any selection- it's WICKED cool!
ReplyDeleteI agree with your statement regarding how many educators' focus is driven in the wrong direction. I remember one elementary teacher of mine who was so wrapped up in her own world, that she did not give us students what we needed or deserved.
ReplyDeleteI am very happy to see that there are so many of us in this program have a goal directed to the student’s educational wellbeing!!
That is so funny that you admitted to Lincoln as being stinkin linkin!! I went to Roosevelt so I guess we were rivals haha! On a more serious note, I also agree with the student centered learning concept.
ReplyDelete